Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Sketch Blue Pots, Framed Pastel Painting

Another active day. I finished painting the frame for the Cola in Blue pastel painting. It is hard to take a photo of framed pastels without setting up a special lighting situation. I took this angled photo, but you can get the idea. It isn't as shiny, it is semi gloss and is shining from the flash. Looks pretty good.


While I was updating my tax software, I sketched for the Scavenger Hunt. #8, Something Blue. These are tiny pots from Chile. The tallest is about 2.5 inches tall. They are chipped on the back side, don't know why they are still on the shelf. Hmmm. The sketch was done with a Micron 05 pen and colored pencils. The highlights are done with a ZIG Opaque Writer. I ordered these Zig pens on sale without having seen any of this type. They have something like acrylic paint in them and work something like a marker. I haven't found a good use yet. We shall see. I did splatter some on my shirt, so it is now a "painting" shirt.


I worked on taxes and washed clothes. Ah, the glamorous life of an artist! And her spouse. :) Gene framed the painting in between working on a shop he is building and the rain. Not much rain, but enough to make things soggy and wet.

We did our golf thing this morning before the rain, just a few sprinkles. Here are a few more photos. I just can't resist.....

This plant/bush has unusual flowers. I hadn't seen one like this before. Clumped leaves sort of like a geranium.



The famous Texas bluebonnets.


An Indian Paintbrush that is only half grown. :)


And some purple and magenta ones, maybe a type of phlox.



If all people were treated equally and regarded equally, there would be no prejudice. Think about this.

2 comments:

MD said...

Hello Jo.
Your "Cola in Blue" is fabulous. Hope your exhibition goes well. I'm fascinated by the many refs you make to Bolivia and Peru. Are you Bolivian or South American?? I lived in Lima as a child and young teen, and part of my heart is still there! Loved the place and the people.

Enjoying your blog and also enjoying the scavenger hunt. Addictive? Very addictive!
MD

Jo Castillo said...

Marie-Dom, nice to 'see' you. Thanks for the good wishes.

We lived in Bolivia 10 years (divided up, two times) and in Lima 3 years (80-86) I'm partial to Bolivia, but Lima was great, too. The people are really wonderful, as you say. Machu Pichu was just amazing.

Jo


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)