Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, February 05, 2007

Sketches for Hunt


I sketched while we watched "24". Somehow "24" isn't as intense as some of the other seasons. It is more graphic in some ways, but that doesn't mean intense. Anyway, I sketched for the Hunt and just added on things, too bad they weren't things in the hunt. I could have done the fireplace and footstool!! Darn. These were done with the ZIG Millennium pen in the Canson sketchbook. About 40 minutes. I do think my perspective and lines are better lately, when I consider for a few minutes before starting. I do tend to just start in drawing. #2, TV and #3, thermometer.

There was a question on the Scavenger Hunts about how long it takes the different artists to do their sketches. Some of the artists, sketch in pencil first or use charcoal or whatever drawing tool, making corrections and coming up with a fine drawing, taking their time. Each artist is encouraged to do the items as they want, some of them or all of them. Some add watercolor and some paint with acrylics or oils. This is great if that is the purpose of their work. I try to work fairly fast with a pen or Prismacolor pencils (so I'm not tempted to erase), once I take a good look and start. Of course, as I said, I do just jump right in at times. I'm hoping this practice will help me plan and be more accurate and sure in my painting. Sketching in one tone helps me to focus on lights and darks - values. When working in color I sometimes substitute color for values and the painting is not as powerful.

No comments:


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)