Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, January 19, 2007

Teapot and Shoes - Sketches


I didn't finish the latte today. Have some more tweaking on the ellipse,of course. (Thanks Joanna for the advice!)

I sketched last night for the Scavenger Hunt and almost didn't post it, but this is the last day, so here it is.

I drew #10, teapot, which is a teapot that my mother had. It was old when I was little, must have belonged to her mother. It is a creamy color with orange touches and black or very dark blue around the center flower. It is sort of a tall shape, the sketch isn't too far off , really. Most teapots I have seen are more rounded and close to the table. I had previously sketched my Oriental teapot and the metal teapot used on the stove, so was surprised to find I had a third teapot as we don't drink much tea. For you that don't live in the southwest or southern part of the USA, we usually drink iced tea if we drink any. We make it in large quantities so a little teapot is just not practical. :) Many make sun tea, putting the bags in a big gallon or larger glass jar full of water and set it out in the sun until the right color. Then sweeten, or not, and serve over ice in large glasses. We drink it summer or winter, all year long.

#11,shoes, these are Gene's feet in some sort of beach shoes that he wears for every day shoes. They do look comfortable. :)

Both sketches are in my handmade sketchbook with a Micron 05 pen in burnt umber.

No comments:


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1797) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)