Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, September 05, 2024

iPad Landscape

I went out on the porch this morning for coffee and rice cake.  While there I remembered "landscape" was on the list and being my lazy self I sketched on my iPad where I was checking messages.

It was great out there.  The many hummers were going crazy so I filled the feeders and was going to get a photo, but after they had food, they simmered down and got back to one or two at a time.  It must be time for them to go south.  We haven't had more than two at a time this summer.

I used the app Brushes and the Apple Pencil.  No fancy brushes, just tried a "pen" with different size nibs like REAL sketching, right?

 


Number 8 landscape

For Scavenger Hunt from Life 128 https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-128-aug-31-sept-8.7239/

I played in the pastel dust the other day and didn't post here.  Crazy UArt paper.  Ugh.  I will try to post about it up later.  That paper is my nemesis wet or dry.  I like a flat surface and that paper curls on me no matter how much tape I use.  The paper is still taped and barely hanging on the foam core but will probably fall off soon.


G
M
T
Y
Text-to-speech function is limited to 200 characters

2 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Nice sketching on the iPad. Sometimes you can't beat it for convenience if you have it with you.

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks so much, Joan. The iPad is fun when i remember. It is getting older and sometimes not charged when I think to use it.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (360) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (6) Charity Events (75) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) crayon sketches (3) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (78) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (112) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (306) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (413) pastel sketch (142) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (996) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1850) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (22) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)