Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, September 30, 2022

Sketching in the Dust

One of the artists on the Scavenger Hunts sketched several kinds of trees in ink.  I thought of sketching our back yard again in ink but playing in the pastel dust struck my fancy.  The drawback for using the pastels was that I had to come in the house away from the lovely morning on the porch.

I did come into my studio and looked for something from Scavenger Hunt from Life 40 list

https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-40-sep-28-oct-6.4482/


Number 2 yellow - lemons
Number 3, jug - a growler from 602 Brewing on Main

I sketched on a piece of the MiTeintes new cheaper paper.  It is a bit slick compared to the regular so I won't buy more.  Just using up what I have.

The sketch is about 10 x 10 inches and took about 40 minutes.

It was good to play a bit.  I always have trouble finding something yellow in the house besides bananas and lemons.  So lemons it is.  They are pretty big.  I need to use them up .. it's margarita time someplace, right?

There are lots of things going on at the Lost Pines Art Center this month - October.  Saturday is After Dark with a reception for the featured Artist, Gwen Syzdek, 6 - 8 p.m..  Meeting on October 9th, 2 - 4 pm. Saturday Creatives with Louise Placek on October 22, 11 am to 2 pm, making masks. The Bastrop Art Fest is on November 5.   Info on the website at lostpinesartcenter.org



By the way the Drug Enforcement Administration announced they removed 36,000,000 lethal doses of Fentanyl  from the illegal market between May 23, 2022 and Sept 8, 2022 in the One Pill can Kill initiative.  They seized 10.2 million pills and 980 pounds of powder.  Someone should be worried about our border.  300 people a day die from this drug.

7 comments:

ashok said...

Lovely work

Jo Castillo said...

ashok, thanks so much for stopping by. Pastels are my favorite medium.

Jennifer Rose said...

the jar looks really nice, great reflections

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, thanks so much. The pale ale that was inside was pretty good, too.

Jennifer Rose said...

LOL! :)

bag blog said...

I love the yellow lemons with the growler. Yellow is fun.

The border is a mess, but then so is so many things these days. I try not to let it get to me, and just live my life as best I can. We need to get together and visit and maybe rant a bit :)

Jo Castillo said...

bag blog, thanks. I forget to take the growler and refill it. I don't drink much beer .. started the pale ale in Red River, remember? The border gets to me once in a while. NY has a huge problem with a few thousand, what about Texas, New Mexico and Arizona with 2,000,000 plus the get aways. More than the whole state of New Mexico. Children being trafficked. Jeepers, we do need to get together.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)