Gallery: Art Connections Gallery 908 Main Street, Bastrop Texas 512 581-1799 http://artconnectionsgallerybastrop.com/

I have small unframed paintings for sale on my website

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Trading Paintings in the Southwest

I comment and take part in the Southwest and Western Art Forum as well as the Scavenger Hunts, Pastel and Plein Air Forums.  Last year they had a painting trade about Christmas time and again this year.  I didn’t get to take part last year (I didn't find it in time), but was very excited about participating this year.

I traded with Lola in Nevada.  I couldn’t decide what to paint and in the end chose a windmill.  I think people like windmills.  Maybe they give us a connection to the landscape in a personal or human way.

This is my painting that I sent to Lola.

Acrylic on RayMar Panel, 10 x 8 inches

Lola sent me this painting.  It is 8 x 10 inches on canvas.  I am pleased to have it and plan on framing it in a barn wood frame.

This was a great activity to take part in.  I hope I get to do it again next year.  It is fun to see all the art work and learn about the artists in the group.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...