Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Hunting on 297

Larry, our photographer son, gave us a waffle iron for Christmas.  I think it was a hint .. but a welcome one.  I made our mid morning snack on it yesterday.  Excellent addition to my kitchen supplies!  Thanks, Larry.

I'm the host of Scavenger Hunt 297 and sketched on my iPad with my fingers and the app, Brushes.  I like that app a lot.  I'm sure there are others where you can edit the sketch/drawing more, but I'm used to this one and it suits me for sketching.  I have not planned to do finished drawings on it.  I prefer painting with pastels and paint, at least for now.

Number 1, snack - waffles and Number 2, left overs - well not many left overs on my plate!  I froze the two waffles that were left for another snack.

For my gluten free friends, I used the gluten free Bisquick and recipe on the box.  The only change I made was I added an extra egg so that I could beat the egg whites like I used to do in traditional waffles.  That makes them more fluffy and definitely different than pancakes.  With gluten free it helps hold them together as well.  It adds a tad of protein to a sugary and carbohydrate loaded snack, right?  I make the syrup and we eat peanut butter on them.  I like a bit of molasses to remind me of my dad.  He loved molasses on sour dough biscuits and pancakes or waffles.  Yummy...

4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

We got a fancy waffle maker last year. I had to put it away for awhile since waffles are not on our diet, but I got it back over Thanksgiving. The GGs love for me to cook those canned cinnamon rolls. They just take a minute in the waffle iron. I also have a recipe for chocolate cookies made with the waffle iron. I haven't made them in a while either :(

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, waffles are definitely not diet items on any diet. Good once in a blue moon. Nice to see you!

Joanna said...

Tasty! Nice sketch. :-)

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, slowly, very slowly, sketching is becoming moe enjoyable. It still feels like homework sometimes. :-)


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (974) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1795) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)