Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mugs and Cups Overdone?? Photos

Some of you may remember from perusing my blog that I have an extensive collection of mugs and cups.  I have about 30 favorites or so that I rotate in my cupboard and use all the time.  I have a couple of boxes packed away full of cups.  In among the Christmas decorations are about twenty cups, I believe.  I rotate those into my favorites during the Christmas season.  I have them on the wall on shelves around the house.  There are also the ones that go with the "good" dishes.

Gene told me several years ago to STOP with the cups!  Even if I didn't stop buying at his suggestion, I wouldn't have any place to put anymore.  Lea Cundy gave me two tiny cups when she heard that I couldn't collect any more.  I love her bluebonnet/wildflower designs.  :)  I have been tough and not bought any from Lea.

There are more cups around, but you get the idea!

A cup over the shelf where I keep the cups I use.

Cups I use, the corner shelf is full -- maybe 30 in there??

A few cups that I never use over the cabinets.

These are very old and probably started the collection.  Ha.

Some of the collection.  Top cups are from Chile.  The two tiny cups on the second shelf from the bottom.

Fat cups from Billie, a walking buddy in Peru.


I joked on the Scavenger Hunts that when someone sketched a cup/mug that I added it to my collection.  Today I decided to gather a few of those sketches for my blog and share my virtual collection with you.  They are great to see all together in these two collages.





Here is another photo of the rain lilies.  These are closer to the lake/pond so are pinker and have more leaves.

 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love mugs, so I love your collection! I adore the collage...more please...

Jo Castillo said...

Hi, Sheila. Thank you. Collecting things is fun. We will see what my Hunting friends say about the collages. May become another habit. Tee hee.

Joanna said...

Love the collages!

Jo Castillo said...

Hi there, Joanna. Thank you so much.

Bag Blog said...

Gosh! Now I know we are sisters or something. I have mugs and cups too. When we moved into this little house, I kept out a set of mugs that go with my dishes and packed the others up for storage. Now, I have even more mugs saved from the years we have been in this house. And Jesse is making more mugs on her wheel. I think we should start a coffee shop/art gallery.

VW: unkast - as if we should unkast our cups.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, Start a shop or just sell them. Ha. Gene makes great coffee!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1796) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)