Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, November 07, 2008

Blue Door Challenge - Sketch

There is a relatively new forum on wetcanvas.com for Southwest and Western Art. There hasn't been much activity, so we decided to have a challenge for a couple of weeks. I posted a couple of photos of a blue door/gate in New Mexico and we will paint, sketch, collage or whatever to get some movement in the forum. To get things going I did a 15 minute sketch with the old reliable Micron 05 pen. Here are the photos.


The sketch is about 7 x 7 inches. I hope to get a pastel done this week in between deadlines.

The slant on the door is my photography. Wink, wink. Surely not my sketching. Ouch!

Maybe I will do the pastel for entry in the Austin Pastel Society Annual Juried Show. We shall see. I have until January 11 for that. I have to paint a couple of 12 x 12 paintings for the 12 Buy 12 show in December. Not much to do this month. It would help if I would quit procrastinating, right?

If you would like to sketch or paint this photo, come join us in the Challenge.

6 comments:

Regina Calton Burchett said...

I love the photos, Jo. And your sketch is good - might want to get that camera checked. You're right - this would be a great piece for the APS show!

Joan said...

Great photos! I've painted a doorway so similar to this one. I did it recently as an ATC. I'll have to see if I still have it on a cd. Thoses southwest entries have such charm!!

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Regina, Thanks .. wouldn't you know, my camera works perfectly. Sigh, I'm slanted. :) Thanks for coming to Buda. I think it was fun, sorry we didn't get to visit much. You saved me ..

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thanks. Hope to see your door, too. Is it on your blog??

A Colorful World said...

Really nice sketch! I love the inspiration photo!

Marie

Jo Castillo said...

tile lady, Marie, I do love the old adobe buildings in NM. Would love to live in one by the cottonwoods with three foot thick walls. Maybe some other life, Ha.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)