An item on the Hunt was "sketchbook cover". I like this new Marker sketchbook. It is black with The Starry Night by Van Gogh on the cover. I haven't done more marker sketches. Should get with it. Well, I should get with all my art. Life has still been in the way. Getting better though.
Today I sketched at my desk in the Conda Sketch Pad, full size pages, so this is about half a page. Number 6 sketchbook cover - Marker sketchbook with a Micron 03
For Scavenger Hunt 195 https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-195-july-19-31.9155/My niece sent me a few things Barbara (my sister that recently passed) wanted me to have. Some of the Christmas cactus that belonged to my Grandma Jennie. The main plant has to be 100 years old, wow. It is in a galvanized tub. Beautiful and blooms red blooms. I hope this one survives.
I have another plant that is from the same main plant. I had it in Lubbock back in 1980. I took a piece with me to Peru, it did well. Joanna had my plant and gave a cutting to her friend Kathy who took it to Oregon. My plant burned in the fire. Kathy gave me a cutting a few years ago and it did not survive so she recently gave me another cutting. Seems to be doing well. It is the more "traveled" cactus from the main plant. Fun and interesting.My sister also sent a couple of cameras that belonged to Mom. The old Brownie took such good photos as the negatives/film were so large. She had to put tape around it to keep the light out when she changed film. I love the cameras and Larry will have them as he is the photographer.
Gene is slowly getting his strength back. We are alone tonight for the first time in ages as David went home. Different!


No comments:
Post a Comment