Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, July 03, 2024

Hunt 120 is Well Underway

I'm late on the draw (literally).  The Hunt 120 started on June 28.  Typical of me, don't you think?  Worse every day.  We will blame it on age.  As indecisive and forgetful as I am, I cannot imagine Biden running our country .. he might forget to call a meeting or miss one. We need younger patriotic folks running our government.   But that's another story.   See how "my" mind wanders.  Sigh.....

Back to art.  For Scavenger Hunt 120 https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-120-june-28-july-6.6992/


 Number 1, landscape

I sketched on the porch on my iPad with the App brushes.  I wanted color and didn't want to drag my pastels to the porch.  I broke my plein air easel and haven't dug out my old one.  See how I go.  It was overcast and things were not too bright and shiny.

I came in, started my post to creativespark.art and decided to take a photo.  The sun is out now and beating down with a vengeance.

I wonder how many times I've sketched this view?  The lakes are getting so low.  They were dry when we moved in in 2011 and I think it was the next spring that we had enough rain to overflow the two lakes and fill them up.  We need another gully-washer.

Today is prep for Joanna's birthday.  Her car gave her problems over the weekend and she has been using one of ours.  We change cars today and I will cook and make a Carrot Cake for her day.  We will have some New Mexican food.   Larry is traveling so he won't be here. He is off in cool weather like upstate New York.   Dang.  It will all be good, I hope.

********

Speaking of Larry,

There are mermaids in San Marcos.

https://texashighways.com/culture/a-san-marcos-mermaid-gives-the-deep-dive-on-her-hometown/

Larry has photographed the mermaids.  Check it out here:

https://www.larrycastillophotography.com/under-water

2 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

I always love this view. Keep them coming. Hope you had a fun 4th of July. Usually I work my art club's annual art show, but we went to visit friends out east this year for the day. Lunch, cocktails, pool, raw clams, and dinner. Quite a day!

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Joan, thanks. We won't be changing views too soon, ha. Sounds like you had a great day. (Not sure about raw clams!) We had Joanna's birthday with New Mexico food, carrot cake and some cards. Relaxing day. Missed Larry, he is still in upstate NY in the cool weather.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (359) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (77) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (106) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (300) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (409) pastel sketch (136) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (989) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1822) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (179) watercolors (18) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)