Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Sketches for Hunt 119

Sort of a lazy day today after a busy day yesterday with a trip to Austin to the eye doctor.  My checkup was good.  Healthy eyes good to go for a year.  I decided I should get with it and use my good eyes.

I sketched in the bedrooms.  We have stuffed animals on the headboard.  I selected a few, there are more on top but I only drew the one doggie.  I sketched in the large Canson Mixed Media book with some Ohuhu pens and Blick gray markers.  The umbrella was in the other bedroom.  Very rare to sketch in those rooms.  Different.

These are for Scavenger Hunt from Life 119 https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-119-jun-20-jun-28.6968/

 


Number 4 animal - a few stuffed doggies on the shelf.
Number 5 umbrella - my old Canadian golf umbrella.  It should be longer.  It is red and white and opens big to cover me and my clubs.  Boy we haven't played golf in about 14 years.  Still a good umbrella.

I forgot to post this photo of the easterly lake.  I took it when I sketched the other day.  I like it.  The little bridge and a bench on the left.  The lakes are so low, there are islands everywhere.  It is so hot now, you have to get out before 8:00 a.m. in order not to melt.  Sigh.....



4 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Cute to see the headboard with some of your stuffed doggies! Nice to sketch in different rooms than usual.

Debbie Nolan said...

Jo what a wonderful job with your stuffed doggie. The Canadian umbrella looks swell too. As for your photo - it is so gorgeous - bet it would make a lovely pastel painting. Just saying - :)! Have a great weekend. Hugs!

Jo Castillo said...

Debbie, thanks. You are great for stopping in. Yes, I've done a couple of the back but that view is quite nice. We shall see. :-)

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thank you so much. I liked what you said on the Hunt that it was fun to see the doggies in their "natural habitat". I'm still smiling. :-)


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (359) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (77) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (105) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (300) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (409) pastel sketch (136) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (988) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1821) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (179) watercolors (17) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)