Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Saturday, June 15, 2024

How Do I Do It Sketch

 I was going to sketch with pastels for Scavenger Hunt 118.  I remembered to take some photos of the work in progress.  You may be able to see how I do my sketches.

This was for Scavenger Hunt 118 https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-118-june-12-20.6932/

I wiped off the paper again.  It has the start of a landscape that I didn't like so did away with it.  I then wet the paper and smooshed the left over pastels around.  Items on the Hunt were small, medium and large.  I thought of my mug collection of memories and set up 3 of them on the shelf.

The set-up.

To start I try to sketch  a placement of where I want the items in a sort of triangular composition.


Next I check out the colors and design.  I tried to get the white on first so other color wouldn't be dragged into it. I used a paint brush to wipe off the edges to get them straight.

Getting some more color and items in the large cup.  I decided not to put any of the writing on the cup.

Almost done. 

    
Memories
Pastel on Sanded Paper
9 x 12 inches

G
M
T
Y
Text-to-speech function is limited to 200 characters

4 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Thanks for showing us the steps! This came out really nice!!! Great choices for colors too. Hope Gene had a Happy Father's Day.

R's Rue said...

Love it.

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thanks. Gene's day was good, our Austin bunch minus Larry (he's in upstate New York) and the grand-dogs came out for a pizza party.

Jo Castillo said...

R's Rue, thank you. Hugs.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (358) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (77) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (105) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (300) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (409) pastel sketch (136) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (987) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1818) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (179) watercolors (16) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)