Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Memory Material

It is  cloudy and damp but not too bad to sit on the porch this morning.  I was looking for books to sketch and ran across the top book.  It brought up good memories so perfect for my sketch of material, reading material.


For Scavenger Hunt from Life 111 https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-111-apr-17-apr-25.6787/

Number 9 material - reading material, sketched in the Ohuhu sketchbook with Micron 03, Sharpie, Gelly Roll and watercolors.

 

Sketching fun on the porch.

The book was edited and put together by Bill Siems.  As I recall he found me on the web and asked if I had photos of Aunt Katie and maybe some other info.  He sent me the book.

Bruce Kiskaddon would write a poem and my Aunt Katie, Katherine Field, would illustrate or she would draw a cowboy scene and he would write the poem.  They were very good friends and he came to Magdalena and met my mom and dad.  Maybe I saw him when I was small.  Their poems and illustrations were published on the Los Angeles Livestock calendars in the 50s.  


 Pretty nifty.  Surely I wrote about this but can't see it on my blog.  Hmmmm.

Aunt Katie:

https://www.askart.com/artist_bulletins/Katherine_Katie_Field/114774/Katherine_Katie_Field.aspx

4 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

It is so great that you have her book with some of her work. I am sure it is bringing back some wonderful memories.

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, yep. Aunt Katie also did paintings with colored pencil. The first time I was in her studio I thought she must have a million pencils. :-)

R's Rue said...

So pretty

Jo Castillo said...

R's Rue, Thanks. Have a good day.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (25) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (976) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1799) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)