Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, April 22, 2024

Gutters Sketch

I have the nicest shelves I've mentioned a few times.  Gene made them from rain gutters.  They are so handy.  Plastic, so no painting required.  Durable as they are for outside.  I can put paintings, framed or unframed. Clip things on them. Put bottles, toys (ha) or anything that fits in them.

They are fastened to the studs in the wall so weight is not a problem.  He put them in my two galleries downtown, the other house and here.  The ones here in my studio are about 6 feet long.  I think the wall in my first gallery downtown was about 20 feet so I didn't have to put nails in the wall and keep moving them around.  Gene came up with the idea!  Yay, so very appreciated.

I sketched at my desk for Scavenger Hunt 111  https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-111-apr-17-apr-25.6787/

 

Number 6, gutter - my gutters in my studio.  

Interestingly, on the Hunt, Ai in Thailand http://aiarts.blogspot.com/  and Joan in New York http://watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com/  both had a seahorse in their sketches.  Ai's was on a  boat/ship called Seahorse and Joan's was on a motel called Silver Sands where the first S was the seahorse.  Unusual, yes??  I was sketching my shelves and noticed a woodcut of a seahorse made by our friend, Don Mudd.  He gave me several of horses, turtles, people and the seahorse which I hadn't thought of in ages even though it is right above my head.  I stuck it in my sketch just above the chile pepper. 



The red thing is supposed to be a chile pepper I think?  Woodcuts clipped on the right.


The adobe house pastel is by Regina Burchett, pastel buddy,  https://www.reginaburchett.com/  We traded in Santa Fe on a trip to an IAPS Convention and I've never framed it.  I use it for inspiration.

4 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

I love that the seahorse connected the three of us...how unusual. The gutters look like they really work well to display art. Good thinking, Gene!

R's Rue said...

Hope you’re having a great day.

Joan Tavolott said...

Fun to see your gutters and how you use them!!

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thank you. Interesting on the seahorses for sure. Gene did great on the shelves, every time! Inexpensive and easy to put up. No maintenance.

R's Rue, thank you. Good day here.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (25) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (976) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1799) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)