Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, November 28, 2021

Hunting Southwest Challenge

 A new Hunt is on on CreativeSpark.  I sketched in the big book for that and also for the last Southwest Challenge on wetcanvas.

For the Southwest Challenge I sketched the chipmunk.  We put up photos for a month for painting and sketching.  This will be our last Challenge.  Sad after all these years.  It looks like wetcanvas will continue but be more like a facebook chatroom and paying for demos and lessons streaming.  I'm not into streaming with our bad internet.  I've learned a lot from the artists and have made some great friends.

Sketched in the big book with a Micron 01 which has a fine line.  I took this photo in Angel Fire.  The chipmunk was eating a piece of a peach I think.  They are cute, but I'm pretty sure they create a mess like other rodents if they get under your house or in the attic.

For the Scavenger Hunt from Life on CreativeSpark, I sketched in the big book with the Lamy pen.

Yesterday I chose these items.  Number 1, comes in a box - cereal
Number 2, comes in a bottle - salad dressing
Number 3, something that cuts, the kitchen sheers.


Today I did a quick sketch of Number 4, round - Gene's fan and Number 5, square - the top of the step stool.

We are mostly relaxing and recuperating from the over kill of food.  Gene had the last of the pie and cake with his coffee this morning.  I have to do the paperwork and tags for the paintings that go to the Art Center this week.  Gene has to frame two pastel paintings and put hangers on the acrylic canvases.  We are so much slower than we used to be.  Wish us luck in getting finished.  Ha.

We had a cloudy, rainy day yesterday.  Almost an inch of rain.  Needed.  It is a bit cool today, in the 50s.

Maybe this old painting will brighten up today.  A little 6 x 6 pastel, called Ballooning.  Years ago in Albuquerque.





9 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

The chipmunk made me smile. I thing they get better PR than squirrels....maybe it was the cartoon characters Chip and Dale. It is sad to think that the Wet Canvas challenge for the Southwest Forum is ending. Since we moved over to Creative Spark I haven't been back to WC.

I love the ABQ balloon painting...so colorful and fun!

R's Rue said...

Lovely my friend.

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thanks. :-). I stayed on wetcanvas to the end of the month in the SW forum and pastels. They’ve both been super slow. I think folks have gone to Facebook and Instagram. Balloon fiesta in Albuquerque is so much fun. You get to get right on the field with them.

R’s Rue, thanks so much.

ashok said...

Good ones mate

Jo Castillo said...

ashok, thanks so much.

Bag Blog said...

Last night we got out the last of the pumpkin pie. It was enough for two big slices. Toby cut two small slices and saved one last piece. I was for eating it and being done with it, but he said I was a bad influence on his diet.

Chipmunks are fun, but yes, they are rodents that eat through anything.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, Ha. We are both bad influences on each other. We went to our Guadalajara restaurant yesterday and brought home some flan and had that late last night. They have good flan, homemade. Yes, chipmunks are fun "to see".

Jennifer Rose said...

chipmunks can leave a mess but they are cute so people tend to forget they make a mess lol

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, yep we do forget.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)