Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Jamboree Sketching Photos

Yesterday, Gene decided to bike/trike the Pedal Through the Pines trail which goes through Buecher State Park. The trail is closed tomorrow as they are having the MS 150 Bike Ride.  The ride started in Houston this morning, the riders overnight in La Grange and finish tomorrow in Austin.  Larry is taking photos and stays with us.  We get to visit with him for a few hours.  Nice!

I decided to go along with Gene to Smithville, just to "do" something.  I am so not painting.  The trail Gene wanted to ride starts  at Riverbend Park.  As we drove up about 12:00 noon there was a small carnival and some booths.  The food booths were open and there were a few people around.  Gene unloaded and took off.

I walked over to see what was up.  It is Jamboree in Smithville, Texas.  It is sort of a fair with the food, carnival, livestock show, softball tournaments, horseshoe tournaments, live music and dancing.  There were not many folks around yet.  School wasn't out so just a few people catching some lunch.  The carnival was not open. As we left about 3:30 p.m. the carnival workers were putting out the prizes and starting "their engines".  So good timing on our part.

While Gene was getting in his 21 mile ride, I had lunch and sketched in my sketchbook Sue gave me.  It has paper that will accept a bit of water.  I used a Micron 05 pen and my little watercolor kit.

I was able to use some of the sketches for Scavenger Hunt 355.  You can click on the photos to make them larger.


Number 5, goes outside

Number 6, person

Number 7, flower - carnations at home

Gene stopped at Dixie's Den of Antiquities on the way home to look for a cane for his collection.  I sketched for about 5 minutes.  So much more "stuff" than in my sketch.

Gene starting his ride.

The exciting ferris wheel.  This would be my least favorite of carnival rides. I hate heights and stopping on top is so eerie for me.  I find it easier to get on a roller coaster.



Some wildflowers out back including three more little bluebonnets.  Spring has sprung!


4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I like your colorful sketches. You should do them more often - maybe one of that ferris wheel. I can ride roller coasters all day long, but I hate riding on a ferris wheel - scares me silly.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, I guess I save my color for painting. It was much too windy for that! I certainly agree on ferris wheels. Yucky.

Joanna said...

Love the watercolor sketches!

And, the wildflowers. Naturally. :-)

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, missed this in your comments the other day. I know you like the watercolors. I should practice more with them. And the wildflowers make us smile for sure. Hugs.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)