Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, June 28, 2024

End of 119 and 2 of Something

Another Hunt ending.  It went by super fast, maybe because I started it late.  Leave it to me to be running behind.  I only managed 6 sketches.  A new Hunt starts today.  I will try to do more sketches, some in pastel.

 

For the last sketch I chose two of something.  This is in the Little Fingers sketch pad with a Micron 03.  About 15 minutes or so.

Number 6 two of something - two mugs.  One burned in the fire with glass melted on it that holds some of my desk junk and my new glass mug.  It is a double layer glass which keeps the coffee hot for a while, long enough to enjoy my morning coffee.  

I dislike drinking from metal or plastic and I have been using that metal mug with plastic top.  I realized that I didn't have to do that, I could buy some new glass cups or use some of my many pottery cups.  Wake up, Jo!

 

Natasha Isenhour started a new blog.  She will discuss artsy things.  I met her in Red River/Questa a few years ago.  She was judge and one of the demo artists.  She is a pastelist, oil painter and watercolors.  Excellent knowledge and sharing person.  She lives in Socorro and knows our niece there.

You can read her blog here:    https://www.natashaisenhour.com/blog

On her website you can see her New Mexico pastels.  Different and beautiful.  You can sign up for her newsletter there and to receive e-mail of her new work:  https://www.natashaisenhour.com/


2 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Hopefully you will get to do more sketches during my current hunt. Glad you got to do some of your mugs. I'm glad you got yourself a nice glass mug to have your coffee in...you deserve it!

Natasha has some lovely work on her website!

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Joan. I've enjoyed my coffee the last few days. Duh.... Natasha is a fun and great artist. She judged the Austin Pastel contest this year, but I didn't get to go see her. Next time....


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (359) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (77) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (105) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (300) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (409) pastel sketch (136) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (988) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1821) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (179) watercolors (17) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)