Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, May 09, 2024

Tall Dusty Sketch

Yep, I sketched tall in pastels and also sketched in ink.  Finished the ink first so it is here first.  I was sketch-painting with my pastels and was about halfway through needing a break.  About that time, Gene called.  He was out on his trike and was having problems with his phone/podcast.  I decided to just go instead of trying to help on the phone.  It gave me an excuse to get out of the house and sketch something different.

For Scavenger Hunt from Life 113  https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-113-may-3-may-11.6831/page-3

 

Number 7 foiliage - a mix of "stuff" on a corner a few blocks from the house.  There were a couple of rocks and a brick on the ground.  A brick?  Odd place to find one.  Maybe someone had a garage sale sign or something there at one time and had a brick for weight.    The sketch is in the small Canson travel sketchbook with the Acurit 03 pen.

Number 8 ceramic - garlic jar
Number 9 tall - the copper fireplace match stick holder
Number 10 delights - garlic, it is a delight to eat and to paint

This is on a wiped off piece of paper, not sure what kind, with an assortment of pastels.

And the setup.  I should probably get a new piece of paper and foam core to hold it.  Looks pretty messy.  Doesn't bother me...


4 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Glad you were able to get out and sketch for a bit. That was a nice plus to Gene's call. I love the still life...great colors!

Jo Castillo said...

Thank you, Joan. It was good to get out. I love color!

bag blog said...

I think your pastel sketch is pretty darn nice.

Jo Castillo said...

bag blog, fun when you get to paint things you like. I like painting copper and silver, but don't do it much. I need more "models". Thank you so much. :-)


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (207) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (409) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (982) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1805) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (14) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)