Pages

Tuesday, August 04, 2026

Truck or Not and Sample Sketches

 It was my day out so I went to sketch.  It was too hot to be outside so went to the library to see what I could find and not be in the way.  It was noon and all the restaurants are pretty full and not parking downtown.  I found a chair by the window and sketched the scene outside.  It fit the Scavenger Hunt list for "truck" if I substituted the cars and SUVs out there.

My second sketch was my lunch at Anita's.  The item on the list was "sample" so I sampled a few things.  I had salsa and chips, a puffy taco with ground beef, guacamole which was in a little fried tortilla bowl like taco salad, cute and a new touch for them.  And a virgin margarita (no alcohol).  It was good even with no tequila.  Sigh..... I like tequila.  The table top was like the Mexican flag.  I didn't notice when I sat down.


Both sketches are in the newer Ohuhu Mix Media sketchbook, 8.5 x 5.5 inches.  I used an Ohuhu 0.2 pen and watercolors.  

It was a good time today.  Gene did well with his caregiver and we are ready for the night.  Hope we sleep well!


2 comments:

  1. I love that you are getting out a bit and are able to get some sketching done! These are fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Comments are much appreciated. :) I will be moderating comments for a while to see how that works. You won't see your comments until I read them. Better than you getting spam stuff. Thanks for your patience.