Pages

▼

Saturday, November 08, 2025

Wooly Pastel Sketch

I finally found about an hour to sketch.  About 20 minutes at a time.  Much better than not playing in the dust.

For Scavenger Hunt from Life 174  https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-174-oct-29-nov-10.8417/



Number 5 wooly - little stuffed dog.  A gift from Gene on some past holiday.  It is sketched on dark gray MiTientes paper with an assortment of pastels.  Yikes they are so dirty.  I notice that in the photo.  I also see that I lost the rusty color with my yellowish highlights.  Guess that is from working in spurts.  Once I get the idea down I paint/sketch from what the painting needs not what I see.  I'm pretty sure there is a dog more that color in the bedroom on the headboard.  Lots of toys there.


 

7 comments:

  1. ash and R's Rue, Thank you both so much. I enjoy your blogs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so soft and cuddly...Love the curly, textured look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan, thank you. He is soooo soft and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo your doggie is adorable. I always enjoy seeing your pastels and sketches. Hope you are having a great day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie, thank you so very much. We are having beautiful weather. So nice to have days you can have the door open.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Comments are much appreciated. :) I will be moderating comments for a while to see how that works. You won't see your comments until I read them. Better than you getting spam stuff. Thanks for your patience.