Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, February 02, 2023

Fruit in the Folds Pastel Sketch

It is still cold, so another inside sketch.  I usually sketch inside anyway, right?  The items were "fold" and
"fruit".  Secondary color was also on the list but the purple napkin can only count for one item.

Number 3, fruit - lemon and mandarin oranges
Number 4, fold - purple napkin hanging over a bottle

I used the wiped off blue paper and a variety of pastels.  About 20 minutes.  I thought you might like to see the paper mess.  Another item was secondary color which would be the purple or orange.  Guess I could have numbered the oranges separate from the lemon.  Oh well, I won't get the whole list done anyway.  I will make the list for Hunt 56 starting tomorrow.  I put it up late the night before for our artists on the other side of the world.  Right now we have Ai in Thailand and Brian who is maybe in South Africa.  We sometimes have Vivien in Australia or New Zealand and a couple in Europe.  Some of the artists drift in and out of the Hunts.  They get busy with painting, shows and life.  A few of us are regulars since 2006.  Many years!

We came through the ice storm fairly well.  We didn't get enough ice to break trees or cause power outage.  The power outages were caused by trees falling on the power lines.  We did have a couple of flickers yesterday evening that made the DirecTV reset.  It didn't even stop the clocks on the stove or microwave.    Austin and farther west were not so lucky.  Austin had about 150,000 outages which they hope to repair by tomorrow.  50,000 more with Pedernales and Bluebonnet in the surrounding areas.  We have Bluebonnet Electric and there were some outages west of us.  It was just about 32 since Monday night - Tuesday.  Today is supposed to warm up to 40 degrees F.

Some photos of our ice.




Not too bad although Gene couldn't open the mailbox yesterday without some tools to break the ice.  It opened OK today.

Back to work on the Austin Pastel Society show.  Did you get entered?  I didn't.  I just haven't been painting and no desire to frame and carry to the shows.  I like to use museum glass or acrylic and that has doubled in price this year.  Maybe I'll get something done for the next show at the Lost Pines Art Center.  I could do acrylics or oil on wrapped canvas and not need to frame them.  We shall see.


5 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Love the vibrant pastel painting. Glad you made out OK in the ice storm. We had a touch of snow yesterday, but it melted on the roads before I went anywhere. Nothing to get excited about. Our forecast is for cold temps Friday and even colder on Saturday. I'm sure it won't keep me home on Saturday since I have plans to attend an art show with my friend, Susan that is a memorial show by her art group for a friend of ours who passed away at the end of last year.

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thank you so much. I always think of you and my Michigan friend, Sue, when I'm complaining about cold. We have such a few days a year of anything under 50 degrees F. It sounds like you will be below freezing this weekend, really far below. Hope you get to your show with Susan. Sounds like a nice remembrance.

Jo Castillo said...

Rajani, thank you so much and for checking in.

ashok said...

Lovely painting Jo

Jo Castillo said...

ashok, thank you. I do have fun playing in the dust!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (972) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1792) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)