Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

The Hunting Continues Sketches

The Hunts continue and the sketches are coming.  Over the years I have sketched the things in our house so many times.  Sometimes it takes a different technique to make it interesting.

For Scavenger Hunt From Life #9 I decided to accept a challenge of using stippling.  This is another technique that to do it well you have to be very patient.  You can see that I am not patient with the variety of size in my dots.  They should all be the same and just closer together for the shadows and dark parts.

Number 6 - orange, a Texas cup with a Lamy Pen in the regular large Canson sketchbook.  

For Scavenger Hunt from Life #10 I sketched in the Canson watercolor sketchbook with a Sharpie pen.

https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-10-jan-21-jan-29.3264/


Number 1 - something you intend to throw away (eventually)  I decided to add watercolor to this as it was hard to tell what it is.  As I was sketching I saw some new green leaves so it may not be so easy to throw away.


Number 2 - something you collect .. Actually these are Gene's collections or part of them.  He collects caps and walking canes and sticks.  I have sketched this before.  This is the Sharpie pen in the regular large Canson sketchbook.

We went to the skin doctor for a checkup on Gene's pre cancer spots on his head.  They froze a couple more spots.  Then we went to lunch at the 602 Brew Pub.  Nice lunch and then realized that it is National Spouse Day so we celebrated without knowing it.

Thanks for checking on me and my artsy endeavors.  I was looking in my inventory since 2006 when I really started keeping paintings by number there are about 230.  These don't include sketches or some give aways or "undocumented" paintings.  Before that I have photos of roughly 180 paintings.  I hadn't thought of inventory.  I had posted on my web page and then did better when I started my blog and had my gallery.  Paying sales taxes and income taxes require better/good records.  Pretty amazing.  I painted lots that were in the maybe I'll fix or throw away file.  Sometimes it seems like many paintings and sometimes it feels like I'm just getting started.






6 comments:

R's Rue said...

I love your sketches. You are so creative. Happy Friday.

Jo Castillo said...

R's Rue, thank you so much. It does help to have the prompts from the Scavenger Hunts.

Jennifer Rose said...

230 is a good number, i have no idea how many pieces ive created. created more when i was younger, now i dont rush things lol

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, I bet you have so many. You do a sketch a day now, more or less, right? Thanks.

Jennifer Rose said...

lol not quite, sometimes it takes me a few days for one thing

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, thanks. Yay the email came right through. I do paint quickly. I get bored and lose the enthusiasm for continuing. If I do go back to a painting I usually just start over....


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (972) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1792) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)