Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Hunt 455 Sketches Ink and Pastel and Photos

Sunday, I sketched in the big book early with a Micron 05 and colored pencils.

For Scavenger Hunt 455 http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1407375
Number 4, something blue - my new sketchbook for multi media, hopefully it will be good for watercolor.
Number 5, something new - erasers, Gene bought them for me for my pencils for puzzles.  Not that I ever need to erase.
Number 6, something old- my spurs that came through the fire so are all black.  They are Blanchard spurs.  My dad had them made.  Blanchard used some rasps and added bronze initials and the brand, /K.  The trim all melted.  They were handed down from my dad to my brother, then to my sister and on to me. 

 Old Pets, Pastel on Canvas
You can read about my spurs and about this painting which is fixed on canvas and framed with no glass like an oil painting.  It is probably an acrylic painting the way it is "fixed".   There is a story about my dad and a link to my painting process post.
http://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/2012/04/sketching-brings-on-memories.html

On Monday, I went with the pastel plein air group to paint in Smithville.  The next town east of Bastrop on Highway 71 toward Houston.  We met at the railroad park.  Just 3 of us, but we had a good time and another good lunch at the Bakery mentioned back a few posts when we painted two weeks ago.  It was a warm day but we found spots in the shade.

Number 7, backyard - I'm subbing this pastel sketch from Smithville.  You have seen my backyard multiple times in the Hunts.  This sketch is 14 x 11 inches on Pastelbord.

 Enid with her painting of the work-car and sky.

Jeannie with her painting of the Union Pacific car.

My set up with some sort of work-train going by on the far track.  You see I took artistic license and moved the yellow car nearer the green one.  Maybe I will finish this painting.  Who knows??

There is congestion on the Bastrop Smithville road as they are working on two overpasses on Highway 71 at the moment.  They are almost finished with the one at Loop 150/Tahitian Village and just starting a 2 year project at the Highway 95 intersection.  They had one lane open going west which didn't affect me on the way out as I come to the intersection at Loop 150 and go east.  On the way home, though, the traffic was backed up 3 miles to our old turn off.  I was in the wrong lane and had to go down and make a u-turn and come back to our old turn off, deciding to go on McAlister to Kaanapali and back to Tahitian/Loop 1250 and just cross HWY 71.  Well, there was a bridge out on Kaanapali so had an extra 4 block or so detour, but only had to sit through two light series at HWY 71 and just cross the road.  It took me about an hour to get home on a regular 20 minute drive. 

We will at least miss some of the congestion while we are on our trip.  That is a good thing. 

4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Sometimes I use a pen on my crossword puzzles. After I scratch out several times, things get so confusing, I have had to write on the side of the puzzle and draw arrows :)

I like the trains - reminds me of when we were in Calgary and we visited Heritage Park. If you get up that way, it was a great place to visit - probably would be fun to paint there.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, I'm smiling at your puzzles. I don't use a pen except as last resort in the books I keep in the car. I like Crostics the best and Cryptograms next. I think that you need to do regular crosswords very often to get the flow of the puzzle maker.

Trains are neat. In past years Gene rode the train track trails in Canada. Some won't be passable with the trike I guess. It is amazing how many cities have bike trails now. Small groups of riders have huge influence in the urban areas. There were some nice trails in Oklahoma City now.

Jennifer Rose said...

ugh detours are a pain :/

looks like a really nice day to go and make art outside and lots of interesting things to paint :)

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, we went to La Grange yesterday and the road was open with no delays. Go figure! It was a good day for painting and being out. Not as humid as yesterday and today.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)