Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, May 05, 2016

Scavenger Hunting Favorites

Scavenger Hunt 449 http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1404319
is well on the way.

I sketched out on the porch in the big sketchbook with a Micron 05.  I probably spent about 20 minutes or so on all the sketches.

Number 6, an animal you have never sketched before or an insect.  I saw a "dead" bug on the floor and got a paper to pick it up.  It was only half dead and half of its legs were gone.  Yuck.  But there it is.
Number 7, favorite candy - Snickers or almost any chocolate
Number 8, favorite flour(s) - one I can eat!
Number 9, favorite food - I really had to think about that.  I like most foods.  I used to really look forward to fresh bread and butter in restaurants and miss that.  So I picked bread and butter.  I put the butter knife there and thought maybe that should have been my favorite knife in the previous sketch.  Ha.





4 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

poor half dead bug lol but still counts, doesnt say it has to be a "live" animal :p

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, not my favorite subject, dead insects. There have been a couple of sketches so far of dead ones. Ha.

Joanna said...

Too funny with the dead bug!

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, yes. It moved when I went to pick it up of course, but then stayed still .. uh, played dead!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (972) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1792) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)