Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Pastel Sketch and Art Conference Reminder, Photos

I sketched out on the porch yesterday.  I took out my Pan Pastels to sketch them.  The list has "new art supply" on it.  Instead I decided to sketch with them!  I didn't seem to have the right little tools for detail so added a bit with pastel sticks at the end.  It was fun and kept me occupied for about an hour.  I sketched on MiTientes paper so that I wouldn't feel bad about tossing it as practice.  It is about 8 x 10 inches.

Number 10, three things from a drawer


It was nice out but windy again.  Gene put up a tarp so we could have shade and be out of the sun.  It worked pretty well.  Maybe we will use it again.

 
A cottontail rabbit  that Gene kept seeing.  We waited for him to get closer but I had to get this from about 30 feet away through the window.
 
A reminder, too, that there is a regional arts conference happening in Bastrop in a few weeks.  If you sign up by Tuesday you get a big discount.  You should plan on going.  There are many, many classes, demos, vendors and more in a wide variety of media.  Some of the talks and demos are free with the pass.  Very good teachers and speakers.  Bastrop is a nice place to visit.  There are bed and breakfasts that are unique, live music, local restaurants and much to see and do besides the conference.  Take your family!



4 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Nice sketches, Jo! I haven't had time to do anything new for the hunt. I had a really busy week with a plein air event. That's over so maybe life will calm down a bit.

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Joan. I am always surprised at how much painting and sketching you get done. Looks like the plein air event is/was great. They sure zap your energy!

Bag Blog said...

It looks like a pretty nice studio. I need to try my pan pastels sometime.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, The shade definitely works! I got a sketch done. Yay. Pan Pastels are interesting. Keep your sponges/tools clean as you can. Make about 3 strokes/swipes on the pastel and one on the surface. You can mix colors by stroking one and then the other. Advice is from Enid Wood. I didn't take much time with them in this sketch.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)