Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

We Made it to New Mexico - Sketches

I managed a  couple of sketches out on the porch.  The porch is just a covered walkway but a porch none the less.  I sketched in my travel sketchbook which is a Canson, 5.5 x 8x5 inches.  A spiral of good size for quick sketches.  I used a Pilot ball point pen as I haven't unpacked art stuff and didn't want to look through my bag.  You remember I am lazy.

I don't have the scanner set up so used my camera. 
Number 1, green - all the trees, grass and weeds are green.
Number 2, high - a couple of houses across the highway.  I made them too large, they are way up high on the mountain.

Our trip was uneventful.  The countryside was green all the way, unusual. 

 There was even water in the Pedernales River as you leave the Austin area.

The oil country in west Texas was green and the cotton is flourishing.

 We stopped overnight in Roswell.  We had breakfast with cousin Lucy.  It is great to get together with her.

Regretfully we were a week late for the UFO Festival.  We did not see nor have ever seen any extra terrestials or UFOs there.

We traveled from Roswell on the back roads through Mora.

 The drive after you cross I-40 is very pretty through the mountains.

 The curve signs get very wavy.

This part of the road is narrow and has washed out on the shoulder from all the rain and probably from the winter snows as well.






3 comments:

Joanna said...

I love the photo of the barn so much!

Bag Blog said...

The photo of the adobe house with a steep roof, is much like the houses of Ocate. I love those houses - very paintable.

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Joanna and Bag Blog. I think that house is just north of Mora. So pretty and interesting. It is just too far to stay there. Far from shopping and eating out. Ha. It is the same down near Lincoln and Capitan.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (972) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1792) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)