Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Sketches from the Porch

For Scavenger Hunt 379  http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1363111   I sketched out on the porch for these sketches the last two days.  Today I sketched in my studio.  I used a Micron 05 pen in the large sketchbook.  I sketch quickly and free hand.


Number 4, reflective - the window to the right looks into the living room.
Number 5, favorite art supply tool - a pen and should have mentioned the fingers, too.  :)

Number 6, metallic - I was doing the something from the list by memory and thought I remembered aluminum/shiny.  Well, the pan is metallic anyway.  Sigh.....
Number 7, something you like to wear - I must have been thinking of a completely different list because  I remembered knot and that is not on the list.  It is part of my favorite shoes, though.  Double sigh......

Number 8, round - the exercise ball that lives under my corner desk
Number 9, rectangle - the side of the storage box
Number 10, gift - a pair of multicolored socks bought for a friend
Number 11, keepsake - an aquamarine and white gold/platinum ring.  It didn't melt in the fire so maybe it is now a diamond!
Number 12, triangle - well, almost.  An arrowhead rescued from the fire, too.  Joanna found both of these things.  Thanks, Joanna!

The weather is so beautiful at the moment.  Morning temperatures have been around 60 degrees F.  Days are mid 80s for the most part.  I love this here as we can have the windows open until mid morning. I close up before it gets warm and we don't have to use the air conditioner.  Nice and quiet around here!

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is. —Sir Francis Bacon

4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I have an exercise ball that sits in my bedroom. The grandkids love it.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, no kids here to play with ours. Gene got it ages ago and it hides under my desk. I don't even see it anymore!

Jennifer Rose said...

great sketches :D

wish I had more time to participate in the scavenger hunt but uni gets in the way :/

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, you see that I just keep on Hunting. It has been so long now, since June 2006, that I can't quit. I feel guilty when I don't do a couple of sketches. When I am out of time I either don't sketch or sub my painting that I'm working on or just skip the Hunt ... or sketch too quickly. Doesn't happen often. I'm glad you are visiting my sketches, though. Thanks! I like seeing your work, too.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (974) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1795) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)