Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, April 11, 2014

Blog Planning and a Sketch

When writing a blog, you should have something to say.  I usually have plenty to say, but not always worth putting out in the world.  Some bloggers make notes, write several at a time and post on a schedule and then post to their blog.

You have noticed that I blog when the notion strikes or if I happen to sketch or paint.  After reading other "how to" blogs and information, it seems I would have more followers if I posted regularly and had a more consistant theme - all art for example.  Not me!  I attempt to have plenty of art, links to favorite artists and blogs, some instruction and some general thoughts about painting and life.

There is a blog that reviews pastel artists.  My blog didn't make the cut because I post about family, baseball and anything I find interesting.  Evidently my followers are OK with my style.  It is always fun to see a new follower.  I thank all of you that read and give me an outlet for my journaling.

I have mentioned before that I could never keep a diary.  I would write for a few days straight, then once a week, then once in a while until I didn't write anymore.  I've been writing this blog since 2006.

I don't make lists, I never read them.  I do write grocery lists because Gene does the grocery shopping (I love him for that!  ....And he makes my coffee in the morning!  Thanks, Gene!) and packing lists when we travel so I don't forget things.  However one year when we were going to New Mexico and I was having a show in Magdalena the week we got there, I made a list and put things in a briefcase.  I didn't have the briefcase on a list so we left it behind. All my brochures, painting tags, raffle tickets, scissors, tape, clips, etc.  We had to rush to Socorro and reprint everything.   So much for a list for me!

How do you plan your blogs?

Oh, and here is the reason I started this post.  I sketched on my iPad with the app, Brushes, and my fingers.  The sketch was about twenty minutes in the making for Scavenger Hunt 355.

Number 4, comfortable - Gene reading his paper on the computer.

Another note, we have new internet service.  We tried it out and it works pretty well, so I cancelled the expensive Wild Blue Excede Satellite Service.  It was about $105 a month, just for internet.  It was fast and worked well, but we received 15G a month with free time from midnight to 5:00 a.m.  Being very conservative we used right at the 15G and I did all our updating phones, and much of our downloading after midnight.  Not convenient.  Our new service is with Evolve.  We have a hotspot which we can take with us around the area.  We haven't needed portability as we have our phones, but it is there if we do.  The new service is fast 4G or LTE and about $60 a month with 45G.  So far so good.

4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

We have to have a plan?? I'm doomed.

Love the sketch of Gene in the chair. Put some hair on him and he would look like me and my bad leg.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, so true! Doomed...... Hope the leg gets better soon.

Joanna said...

I'd forgotten the briefcase story. So funny. And, sad. Hugs...

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, it seems we always forget something. We have started our lists for this summer .. well your dad has started the packing list. I just give him ideas.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)