Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, December 06, 2013

Brrrrr. First Friday and Sketches

It is very cold today.  Right at freezing.  I hope this doesn't deter folks from coming to Baxters where it will be cozy and friendly.  You have to eat somewhere, right?  I hope to see you tonight!
The Frist Friday Art Walk, December 6. I will be at Baxters on Main, 919 Main Street, downtown Historic Bastrop, Texas, from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. I will have paintings, a few gifts and calendars for sale. I always have a door prize! Baxters is a great place to eat and it will be nice and cozy in there. More information about First Friday here http://jocastilloart.com/exhibits.html 
I sketched for Scavenger Hunt 339.  The first few items were colors so I sketched with the Prismacolor Premier 03 in a watercolor sketchbook that my friend Sue gave me and then added the watercolor.  Watercolor is always an experiment for me.

Number 1, red - my pencil sharpener.

Number 2, orange - drink glass, Number 3, green - eraser, Number 4, white - pencil, Number 5, blue - the lights and cord on the router, Number 6, yellow - a note pad.


3 comments:

Bag Blog said...

We spent the weekend bundled up here in the house with temps in the teens. Jesse brought us a bit of sunshine on Sunday. She accidentally left some of her prints here at the house and they were due today. So she came home to mat prints. She said the roads were still not great, but passable if you took your time.

Joanna said...

Nice colors.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, we are having another cold weekend. Are we going to have to go farther South? Stay warm.

Joanna, thank you!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)