Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

West Texas Farm, Too

I painted a new pastel as I mentioned in a recent post.  It was fun to do.  I put off painting this for sometime, but am pleased to share with you.

A painting that I painted several years ago and sold to a photographer friend was burned along with her home in the big fire of September, 2011, here in Bastrop.  I guarantee my work and offered to replace any of my paintings that were lost.


West Texas Farm
Acrylic on Panel, 11 x 14 inches

The first painting, above, which burned was a farm scene on the plains of west Texas.  I had made a sketch of the stormy sky as we drove back to Texas from New Mexico.  Later, I decided to turn it into a painting.  The skies are amazing when the big electrical storms are in full swing.

Last summer when we were driving back from New Mexico, I found a different sky near the same area.  The colors were different but still amazing.  I decided to use what I saw this time for the replacement painting.

West Texas Farm, Too
Pastel on Pastelbord, 6 x 18 inches

We will wait and see what Karol thinks of the new painting.  

If you lost a painting in the fire and I have not contacted you, please let me know, I will be happy to offer you a "do over".


8 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Wow, these are so different - like different periods in your life. Both are great. The old painting is sort of ominous, brooding, which is awesome. But I like the lighter one - just more happy.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, thank you. I feel about the same about the clouds. Both days were very stormy...

Regina Calton Burchett said...

I love both of these, Jo - very dramatic and lots of feeling. I'm sure they will be thrilled!!

Jo Castillo said...

Hi, Regina. Thank you. I'm delivering today.

Joan Tavolott said...

I love the drama in both of these, and the new one has such wonderful spring color! I am sure she will love the replacement. That is so nice that you are replacing it for her.

Jo Castillo said...

Thank you, Joan. She liked the painting and was very touched. Very nice.

Joanna said...

I like both paintings. It's cool that you're doing this. Hugs...

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, thank you. I should have painted it sooner . I had the plan in my head for months. I bought the Pastebord ages ago. Feels good to have a finished project.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)