Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, May 20, 2013

Sketch #2 for Hunt 314

Sunday morning, I went out on the porch to read the paper (on my iPad) and ended up sketching.  I remembered there was a hanging basket on the list for Scavenger Hunt 314.  I love geraniums so decided to sketch instead of read.  I spent about 20 - 30 minutes on this with the Brushes program.  The plant has a Bewick's Wren nest in it.  I added the bird although I didn't see it at the time.  The wrens usually build nests near the ground or in secluded spots.  Hmmm.  The birds are cute and very noisy.

Number 2, hanging basket

Working out my funk, by sketching, as you can see.  Part of the other "work" that I did is go ahead and sign up for the pastel workshop in September.  I talked Lou, Bag Blog, into taking it, too.  Didn't take much persuading.  Our spouses get along well, so they can entertain each other while we paint and have fun.

I have posted a few times about the teacher, Tom Christopher.  I "chat" with him on wetcanvas.com and on our blogs.  Here is a link to his blog http://landscapesbychristopher.blogspot.com/,
a link to his website, http://tomchristopherartist.com/
and a link to my other posts about him  http://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/search?q=tom+christopher

4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Did you warn Mr. Christopher that the two of us were going to take his workshop?

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, Heh, heh. I did send an e-mail. Should have put WARNING, you are right. I'm excited about going, should be fun.

Joanna said...

Cool that the two of you are doing the workshop. Where is it taking place?

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, the workshop is in Arkansas. Pretty place in the northern part of the state, Eureka Springs.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (972) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1792) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)