Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Esbozos Para 314 y Mas

Did that title get your attention?  Sketches for 314 and more.  Just working on getting the day going. Smile.

I sketched for Hunt 314 on the iPad out on the porch yesterday.  I did this on Brushes but played a bit with a new App, Adobe Ideas. I like the App, but didn't accomplish a drawing on it.  Thanks, Joanna for the notice.  It was free when Joanna notified me about it, I don't know about now.


Scavenger Hunt 314, Number 1 - medal, I substituted a Merit Award ribbon.

I sketched a couple of days ago for Hunt 313 and never got it posted here.  I used the App Brushes.  I fiddled with it and spent about 30 minutes on it.  Jeepers, what was I thinking?

Scavenger Hunt 313, Number 12, foliage - the top of the little oak tree I sketch once in a while.  My sketch looks more like a spruce.  Sigh....

We went to Round Rock to pick up my painting from the show, "Imagine".  I plan to take part next year, if I get juried in again.  It is an hour up there, but a beautiful setting in the Texas State University building.  Thanks to the Round Rock Arts Council.

We stopped in Elgin and had lunch at the new Maxine's Cafe.  Maxine's in Bastrop has been around a long time.  Great home cooking and relaxed atmosphere.  Gene likes their Chicken Fried Steak, lightly battered.  I had a hamburger steak without the gravy, of course.  I even had broccoli instead of fried potatoes.  Not quite the same, but better for me.


Maxine's from without and within.  Nice lunch, we missed the big crowd as we were there about 1 p.m.  They were still busy, though.


I took this donkey and horses with the continuous shot feature on my new camera.  Worked well.  This was the best of about six shots.  As long as you hold down the button, the camera keeps shooting.

Another shot of an old house and some hay bales.  I think I like my camera.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

So..."esbozos" is Spanish for "sketches"? Who knew? :-)

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Joanna, Yes esbozos is sketches. I had never thought so had to look it up. I thought dibujos, but that doesn't fit too well. Learn something every day.

Joanna said...

Yeah...I guess "dibujos" are drawings. Which aren't quite sketches.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)